Wednesday, August 25, 2010

*sigh*

I keep forgetting about this blog.  Well, not really forgetting, but it gets put on my To Do list, and then gets trumped by more pressing matters.

Since my last post, I watched Food Inc.  That is the next step in my clean eating research.  I've also come up with some other ideas, but I am going to put this topic on the back burner for a while and focus on what I love the most.  Music.

I mean, come on!  This blog is called LA FEMME VOCALE!  *sings* I got the music in me!  I got the music in me!  I got the music in meeeeee!!!

I was involved in such a wonderful show this summer with the super awesome production company, Barrow Entertainment (http://www.barrowentertainment.com/).  It was a lot of hard work, but every minute was totally worth it.  If ever you read about Barrow Entertainment and their next production, trust me when I say it is a show that is not to be missed.  So much love and energy go into the creation of everything that you can feel it as an audience member.  Seriously, trust me.

I started singing open mics again, and feel so at home.  My premiere for 2010 was at a place called Benny's Cafe on Broadway at Larch on Monday, August 23, 2010.  All you singer-songwriters out there, CHECK THIS PLACE OUT.  The energy was amazing!!  And the crowd was very welcoming.  Another good place to check out on Monday nights (Sorry Joseph) is the Backstage Lounge on Granville Island.  If you time things right, you can probably play both in one night.

Songwriting has started to flow again finally, and right now things are just...looking up, as they always seem to be.

Well thats it for now...lots of love and hugs to all my readers. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment