Sunday, November 8, 2009

Its been a while...

...and I am sorry for that. But don't worry, I have a lame reason!!

So what have I been up to? Well, on the last day that I wrote, I described my last day of my thirty day fitness challenge...well the fitness kind of halted right there. I pulled my SI joint (google it) and was in pain for a week and a half before I decided I should see a doctor. I refused to go on pain killers, so I was given some anti-inflammatories that made me nauseous. I tried to only take them for a few days, but my body wasn't having it. I started physio soon after that, along with IMS treatments, and I am almost in no pain. It is just the beginning of the road to recovery though.

My SI Joint is hyper-mobile - it moves too much, doesn't really know where it belongs and just floats. Kickboxing is going to be a big no-no for a while at least. I may eventually even have to no longer consider it at all. Capoiera is out for sure. I am hoping that I strenghten all the muscles around it enough that I am able to take part in those activities, but only time will tell.

So needless to say, I haven't been doing much that is noteworthy. But I am back at the gym with Nick, and I'm back to doing volleyball on Tuesdays...negative guy hasn't been there (yay!!).

Thats all for now... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment