Thursday, May 20, 2010

30 Day Walking Challenge

Much like the 30 Day Fitness Challenge I did in September 2009, I am going to start a 30 Day Walking Challenge on June 1, 2010.

Goal:  Walk 30 minutes every day for 30 days
Rules:  No portable music, no walking buddies and no set agenda
Gear:   Appropriate attire, house keys, water bottle and a quarter (nope...not bringing my blackberry with me either! Quel suprise!)

So why am I doing this?  Well physical activity is something I recognize as one of the many ways my body and mind let go of stress.  We, as a society, seem to be complacent with the amount of good and bad stressors that we surround ourselves with.  And it takes its toll after a while.  So getting that little bit of physical activity every day as well as allowing my mind to just be is something I am hoping will allow me to focus more and keep me on track with my day-to-day schedule.

I will write about it as often as I feel necessary, perhaps extending a glimpse into what happens to hit my thought process that particular day.  I hope to gain some insight and inspiration as well.  And a little daily physical activity never hurt anyone!

For those of you new to my blog, I'm always looking for new and interesting challenges.  Feel free to suggest some!

That is all. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment