Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Walking Challenge - Nope...not happening

It is just not happening.  I do not have the desire to go for a walk on a daily basis.  It is not my thing.  It used to be back in the day when I didn't belong to a gym and it was my only form of exercise, but I am stressing myself out more than I need to about not going for walks, or mentally trying to plan my schedule to see if I'll have time.  Nope.  I'm done.  I am not going to torture myself any longer.  I haven't gotten any satisfaction out of these walks.  I tried to convince myself there was some, but there wasn't.

I feel like a failure, and I shouldn't.  This was assigned to me by someone else, and its their thing...not mine.  I really tried to make it seem like something that I was going to enjoy and get something out of.  I tried to treat it like it was my idea.  I tried to make it one of my desires...and it just isn't.

So no more challenges for now.  I am going to do things that I want to do in my own time.  My life is to make myself happy, and I know I get unhappy when I start putting too much pressure on myself for the benefit of others.

I had a bit of a disagreement with a friend recently where he said "You need to decide what is important!"  What we were fighting about or who it was is besides the point.  I have decided what is important to me, and like it or not, my pursuits aren't going to be the same as other people's.  My priorities are going to be different than other people's.  My likes, dislikes, loves and passions are going to be different than other people's.  So I have decided (to myself) to list my priorities and pursuits in order of importance, and I am happy with my decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment