Monday, September 27, 2010

WMOC - Day 11-14, and beyond.

The following is a daily log I have kept of my thoughts and feelings on the attempt to wean myself off caffeine.

Day 11 – September 23, 2010

I cracked. I had 2 coffees this morning. I have completely rationalized it in my head and feel it is completely warranted. So there.

Day 12 – September 24, 2010

YAY!!! ITS FRIDAY!!!! I’m still not sure how to take this to the next level…maybe I need to just go cold turkey. I just don’t want to suffer worse headaches than I already do. I like having a sense of normalcy, where I know exactly how I will feel given any circumstances under my own control.

Day 13 – September 25, 2010

I slept until noon and didn’t have any coffee. Then I didn’t think twice though and had diet pepsi with dinner (I was out to dinner with the family for my sister’s birthday). I’m kind of disappointed because I was all proud that I didn’t have a coffee when I woke up.

Day 14 – September 26, 2010

Slept until 11ish, and went to Starbucks as soon as I was showered and dressed. It was awesome.

All right. Its been 2 weeks, and I’m not feeling as though I can give up on caffeine all together just yet. I’ve at least come down from having 2 cups of coffee per day to 1 cup of coffee per day. I’m fairly aware of my caffeine consumption. I’m finding other tricks to help with my energy (an apple first thing in the morning does wonders!!) So do I continue and try to completely get myself off caffeine? I enjoy the taste of coffee. And I have friends who have told me in no uncertain terms that they would have to consider our relationship if I were to be completely off caffeine because they would question my sanity.

I’m also kind of bored writing about this daily. Its putting me to sleep. Time for another coffee!!!!

1 comment:

  1. In good faith, I can't turn my back on my love: caffeine. Nor can I give you tips - lol!

    ReplyDelete