Friday, August 21, 2009

30 Day Fitness Challenge!!

A friend of mine said to me yesterday "You need to do a 30 day challenge. Yoga, working out...whatever it is. 30 days!"

When I got over the initial "How dare you tell me what I NEED?!?" thought, I let it sink in. 30 days straight...some form of physical activity each day, eh? Hmmm...

Then I thought I would need to set some obtainable guidelines for my lifestyle. I'm busy! I work a full time job, a part time job, school is starting again in 20 days, and I have a few musical projects on the go, one of which is my band that meets at least once a week to practice. I don't get a lot of down time because any spare time at the moment is spent at the gym with my personal trainer. Is 30 days straight of physical activity even obtainable??

*Dramatic Pause*

Alright...I am going to begrudgingly say yes.

So the guidelines are:

  • Physical activity should last at least 30 minutes
  • Physical activity must get my heart rate above its resting rate
That is all I have for now. I am going to start this challenge on September 1, 2009. If you can think of any other suggestions for guidelines, or anything else, leave a comment...just don't tell me what I NEED to do. ;-)

Happy Fitness!!

1 comment:

  1. You should go Kayaking at Deer Lake Park with me and Christy some weekend. http://www.deerlakeboatrentals.com/index.asp

    -Mark

    ReplyDelete