Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm getting excited...

I am getting so excited to start the 30 day fitness challenge next week! I was telling my personal trainer about it today, and he is excited for me as well. There has been such a change in me since the beginning of May when I started working out a lot more regularly. I re-did some measurements recently and found out that I had lost 5% body fat. That is HUGE! I am proud of myself for what I have accomplished so far, and I am really excited to see how much more I can accomplish.

I've added something to the month of September. I'm going to give my body a couple weeks to get used to exercising every day, and then I am going to start a 12 day herbal D-Tox (Wild Rose). I've done this D-Tox before, and it can be hard when you don't have the recipe guide, but thankfully I have the recipe guide! I'm a bit more limited because I can't have eggs, but there is an awesome recipe for scrambled tofu - can't wait to try it!! Tofu tastes like egg-whites anyway, so I don't think it will be all that much different.

My attitude is getting better as well. I really and truly believe that you wake up every day with the ability to make a choice - you can either choose to be miserable and unhappy, or you can choose to be positive, look forward to the day ahead, and try and find good in all that you do. Of course not every day is going to work out to be like this; once in a while no matter how hard you try, you're going to have a day where you just don't freakin' care about making the right choices, and we have to allow ourselves to have a day like that...maybe two. But any more than that would be allowing ourselves to fall down a slippery slope into negativity, self-doubt and low self-esteem. It is harder to actually practice this of course - at least it is for me. But every day is a new day, and I just need to keep putting one foot infront of the other.

Baby steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment