Saturday, August 22, 2009

Solo Show

I went to the movies by myself for the first time tonight. I was expecting so much more! I thought I'd be shunned when I sat myself in that awkward "space" seat between 2 couples...but I wasn't. I mean, the one lady looked a little perturbed that she had to move her purse, but that was it.

So why is it that society looks down on people who do things like that on their own? Why can't I take myself on a date? I know I'll be good company, and there will be no fight about what movie to see. I can even hold my own hand if I really want to...whats so bad about that?

I find myself doing a lot of things on my own these days. Hey, you're not going to have someone around you all the time, so you gotta learn.

What did I see? The Hangover. Hilarious! A bit slow and predictable at parts, but for the most part it kept me laughing.

That all for now...

1 comment:

  1. Society doesn't look down on this. It's atypical, and people generally ask questions when you do this, but for the most part I find people admire you for it more than anything. I've been seeing movies and going for walks and what not by myself for years, and people tend to applaud me for being able to do my own thing without relying on someone else. I'm proud of you for making the leap. I saw The Hangover by myself too and I loved it. More of a guy's movie for sure, and a little predictable, but hilarious for sure.

    ReplyDelete