Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This isn't working...

I need to be harder on myself and actually start listening to my own rules. Last night I ended up heading to bed at 1 am, and I stayed up reading for at least half an hour. Then I woke up at about 7, tried to stay awake and ended up sleeping in until 7:45.

At the end of the day, I get home, change into my workout clothes, take care of a couple things at home, and I'm exhausted. I fall asleep on the couch for half an hour and that's it. Now I'm groggy and not in the mood to do anything. I forced myself to stay awake though so I don't have a restless sleep later.

I'm giving it a week. And even though I have to be in bed at 12:45 this week according to my rules, I'm going to bed earlier than that tonight. I'm still deprived from the weekend.

I have taken advice of my friend Darren (see comments on the post entitled "Who Needs Sleep?"). Before the New Year, I was determined to start 2010 with a clean bedroom, and that happened! I make my bed every morning, and when I get home it calls to me. Just having a tidy bedroom with a cozy bed in it is really relaxing when I do finally choose to go to bed. My bed has a nice, huge down comforter on it and a beige faux suede down throw at the foot of the bed. I have 2 pillows per side of the bed under the comforter and then 2 throw pillows and 4 stuffed animals sitting on top. Luxury!


My only struggle (and I think this may have always been a struggle for me) is that I am scared I am going to miss something after I go to sleep. I know, I'm crazy.


Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment