Friday, September 4, 2009

Day Four!

Today is day four! Here is the rundown of the week so far:

Day one, I took the long way home and did a 45 minute walk on the seawall and into the westend.

Day two, I had personal training with my absolutely freakin' awesome trainer, Nick! This consisted of just some circuit training we've been doing for the past 3 weeks to allow my knee to heel properly. I do 15 lb. bent over rows, leg extensions (to strengthen the quad muscles to help my knee), ball crunches, bench push ups, thrusters, interval training on the elliptical, the plank (my longest is a minute)...I feel like I'm forgetting something. Anyway, we go through that 3 times, and then I'm done for the night. Next week I think (hope...) we are getting back to the more high intensity stuff - kickboxing, jogging, lunges and squats...I think my knee is better.

Day three, I hit the gym after work and did 30 minutes of cardio, plus some leg extensions to get those quads burning.

Day four, thats today, I went to the gym and did 45 minutes of cardio - 20 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minutes on the bike and 10 minutes on the treadmill. I started jogging again, and my knee felt ok!

So I'm keeping it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment