Monday, September 28, 2009

Home stretch...

I am almost done!

Day 20 was just some work in the warehouse...it was nice and light.

Day 21 was where I really really really started to get frustrated. I had a workout with my trainer Nick, who is still awesome, but I melted down. I absolutely broke down and started crying in the middle of my session. It was so frustrating for me to feel that vulnerable when I was trying to strength train.

Day 22 was much better. I got to play volleyball! I was the only girl in a gym full of guys...kinda awesome, except that I had to run for the ball pretty often...lol Oh well, its good for me, right?

Day 23 was a lot like Day 21 - more frustration, bad workout, more crying...I admitted to Nick that I just wasn't having fun with it anymore. He replied saying it was hard work. Yes, I understand that it is hard work, I've stuck with it since the beginning of May, haven't I? But this was the first time that I really felt like I wasn't having fun anymore. We haven't done kickboxing for so long and I keep telling Nick I'm ready, but something gets in the way of us doing kickboxing. I'm so tired of doing just weights. I can do the weights, the squats, the lunges and all the non-fun stuff when I get to hit something for a few minutes...is that bad?

Day 24 was nothing. I had work and then school and just couldn't do any more after that.

Day 25 was a whole lot of running around. I had a computer problem so I had to rush down to my brother's office, he made a call, then I rushed over to Yaletown to pick up a part, back up to my place, quick change and out to help set up for a fundraiser that was to take place on Day 26.

Day 26, I worked all day at my weekend job and then headed right to the fundraiser where I got to run around all night raffling tickets, selling merchandise, selling balloons, being an auction runner - I was home by midnight.

Day 27 I was up early and in to work, where I spent the day in the warehouse, and then was out to my parents house for dinner with the family. So it was a light day.

So how is the rest of my 30 days going to look? Day 28 will be some me time at the gym, no trainer, Day 29 will be volleyball and Day 30 will be a personal training session with Nick. And only 3 days total were missed...3, right?

I think one less thing on my plate stressing me out will definitely be a good thing. As much as I have learnt about myself and what my body is capable of with this challenge, it has been hard. It has been on my mind on a daily basis and has driven me crazy.

More in a few days... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment