Sunday, September 20, 2009

Past the Point of No Return!

I am officially past the point of no return! The halfway mark has been reached!

So what have I learnt so far? This challenge so far has shown me how to come up with creative ways to get some physical exercise every day. Whether it be shopping at a grocery store that is not as convenient as your usual grocery store, walking the long way home, properly scheduling time at the gym (outside of personal training no less!) or playing volleyball at the community centre, I have found many ways to get more active. I have always loved vigorous exercise; I've just been too lazy to actually implement it into my life.

As you know, Day 14 was personal training with my fantabulous trainer, Nick! We got back into some more high impact stuff because my knee was feeling better. I was squatting, lunging and thrusting my way through the workout, and boy did my legs feel it for at least 3-4 days afterwards.

Day 15 was volleyball at the Coal Harbour Community Centre. I brought along a friend who hadn't played volleyball in a long time, and we laughed so much while we played. I was starting to think the European guys thought we were crazy. I worked up a fairly good sweat too! I am hoping to make this a regular thing with my friend, so long as she is up for it. 'Cept I'm gonna have to teach her to stop shutting her eyes and cowering when the ball comes towards her...

Day 16 was personal training again with Nick! More higher impact things, and my knee was still doing great! I am looking forward to *hopefully* doing some kickboxing again this coming week. I really really really miss kicking and punching Nick. He takes it so well. And it really helps me work out my aggressions.

Day 17 didn't go the way I had planned it. I brought my gym gear with me to work and subsequently to class after work, but by the time class was over I was too tired and starving, so I just walked home. I walked at a very brisk pace (as I normally do...I just like going as fast as I can) and the walk took 15 minutes.

Day 18 was a half hour work out at the gym after work. It really got me energized and pumped and ready for the evening ahead!

Day 19 was some work in the warehouse at my weekend job and some walking to gastown and all over downtown during the evening/night going to various karaoke venues with a friend of mine. I normally would have taken a cab to each spot, but because I knew I didn't get a work out in, I forced myself to walk. I wasn't wearing heels, so I felt definitely more inclined to do so. Plus (for those who might say, "Hey, wait a minute, it was Saturday night...") I wasn't drinking, so none of the benefits of doing all the walking got cancelled out in any way. Actually I have stopped drinking all together...at least for a while. But that is a whole other post which I might post later.

Today is day 20. I am doing some more work in the warehouse today. I am also planning on perhaps hitting the gym tonight or at least going for a walk around the neighbourhood...I haven't decided.

I have also been thinking about what I am going to do to reward myself once this is all done. The challenge in itself is the reward in one way because of how energized I feel, and how much I love integrating exercise into my daily life. However some sort of treat (a new purse or jacket perhaps?) would feel good as well. I'll have to think on it a bit still.

No comments:

Post a Comment